P&O Cruises - Britannia Released!

RobertNeath

It is with great pleasure for me to release Britannia V3 (March 2015)

Arriving in spring 2015, Britannia will represent the very best of the best! The largest cruise ship built exclusively for Britain, she will combine signature P&O Cruises features with the very latest innovations in dining, entertainment and modern design.

Britannia will embrace a bold new 94 metre Union Flag on her bow displaying the longest version of the Flag anywhere in the world. The new style represents a contemporary approach to cruising which looks to the future, whilst celebrating the past. The new imagery on the bow will be sympathetic to Britannia’s sweeping lines and enhance her presence across the world in port and at sea.Her other distinctive features include blue funnels carrying an illuminated rising sun motif which depicts the Oriental part of the Peninsular and Oriental (P&O) name on the company’s Coat of Arms

Britannia will has a capacity of 3,647 passengers who will be able to enjoy the facilities on 15 public decks. In total there will be 1,837 cabins comprising 64 suites, 1,313 balcony cabins and 460 inside cabins. All the outside cabins will have balconies and in response to the increasing number of solo travellers P&O Cruises Britannia will have 15 single balcony cabins and 12 single inside cabins, this amounts to more single cabins than any other cruise ship.

On the 27th February it was announced that Her Majesty the Queen will name Britannia on the 10th March in Southampton. 

Enjoy this ship Virtual ship as I have greatly enjoyed creating her. In the future I do plan on updating the model.

Name: Britannia
Owner: Carnival plc
Operator: P&O Cruises
Ordered: 2011
Builder: Fincantieri, Monfalcone, Italy
Yard number: 6231
Laid down: 15 May 2013
Launched: 14 February 2014
Handed over to P&O: 22nd February 2015

Named by: HRH Queen Elizabeth 2
Named on: 10th March 2015
Maiden voyage: 14 March 2015
Identification: IMO number: 9614036

General characteristics:

Tonnage: 142,000 GT
Length: 330 m (1,083 ft)
Decks: 15 passenger decks
Capacity: 3,647 passengers
Crew: 1,350

The Main model is primarily for VSF however there is an older model available for VS7. The ships tender is also included in the pack.  

Download VSF: http://1drv.ms/1AbGEHS

Note: For the VSF version I have included 'Bridge lookouts' These can be activated using the "page down/up" keys. Also if you have a problem with performance in the folder just simply rename the 'Anim.x' file as this will delete her deck details.

Using the 'Insert' and 'Delete' keys you can now add/remove the tenders on each  side of the ship. This version has also been resized and added radars as well as texture fixes.

ne10H0.jpg

g0VA3A.jpg

9yiIkT.jpg

8eahgC.jpg

mGVBDX.jpg

SEvNaH.jpg

cPaCro.jpg

VIjwQr.jpg

lYBCur.jpg

khwmIo.jpg

Download VS7 Older model: http://1drv.ms/1K3JOF5

IdXqhH.jpg

Enjoy!

Robert Neath

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

can you please fix VS7 link?

At the moment, I'm not planning on releasing the latest version of the ship for Virtual sailor, I've taken the older version down for the time being as there are problems with the VS version of the ship.

I may add the VS version in a few months.

• 8 months later...