Development Screenshots and Videos - Unity3d version

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Captains,

After upgrading Across the Seas to Unity 2019. Some of the assets that I'm using are broken. And after the depreciation of Ultimate Water System, I need to take a look for an alternative water system and I chose Crest for the simulator. First steps are done, watercrafts physics are integrated, trueSKY works also better with Crest. Here is a shot with Crest.

NPQ3fl.jpg

A first look of the new water displacement for the watercrafts that comes with the new water system. It's not final yet, but it looks really promising. The new water has also a much better performance and it's now possible to increase the visibility without getting artefacts.

guCS2s.jpg

GdFUY2.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Captains,

The thrusters are now implemented in the sim. So, you can now safely mooring the ship. 1f642.png Sry for the untextured scenery objects. It's the Dover/Calais scenery and it's Work in Progress.

rFGkPi.jpg

xTDRtu.jpg

LRz8Pj.jpg

xoP4bl.jpg

The new minimap system is also done. I removed the realtime map. The system is now a picture based minimap system. So it allows me, to paint the minimap to create an look like a real nautical chart.  And it gives also an performance boost of 15fps .

55OE7p.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Captains,

Some shots from the sim. The new weather looks perfect and more natural. Also the new volume lighting looks great.
Only two major showstoppers are left, before the public alpha version goes live. An anoying performance bug and I need to integrate the new Dover Port for the Dover - Calais scenery.

plQ0Dwvzj

poLygjiQj

pn5IQgiuj

pl5A7C5gj

pnmOX1uEj

pouIHKxvj

pmUOtc6Rj

Regards
Marko

• 2 weeks later...

Rain effect is back working. Also removed rain inside the watercraft interior and added a basic rain effect to the windows. Looks good so far and performance is also great. I found and removed also the annoying performance bug. So only point on the to-do list is to get both sceneries (Dover / Calais & Cape Town) a little bit more done for the alpha release.

pnoTEVtVj

pnHvAxiDj

polNxmjnj

pn82uEIMj

Marko

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Performance is not that bad. Calais with surrounded  ~70k buildings and a high visibility and around 90-100 fps on my notebook setup.

XKEnZ9.jpg

UgEIer.jpg

Shallow waters also implemented for harbor areas. No more high waves in harbors. ;)

DKd6cn.jpg

Early morning in Calais.

ksI9H7.jpg

kQnMDx.jpg

Random shots.

pSSJ4B.jpg

Qiio7t.jpg

j6pA1X.jpg

• 5 months later...