DCS,Digital Combat Simulations

tonibamestre

Hey guys,

Just wanted to show you this;     http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/ .  Well,was wondering if could be around this web any interest in developing accurate 3D vessels+ its detection/weapon systems to start bringing alive the naval environment for this particular simulator.

Imagine the future,ships from several countries and eras ranging from the Cold War to our days,submarines,frigates,destroyers,cruisers,carriers,assault ships,all them highly detailed and controlable,built from scratch step by step on a virtual shipyards.

Also,new sceneries could be added like ports and naval bases later on.

What you think about?

Well,first of all I have to tell that I have no design skills virtually talking,so this is just an idea. To support a stable platform where to develop all kind of ships and naval sceneries.Thought that DCS is a quite good one because there are already some air projects in development but nothing concerning Naval Warfare,seen from a first person view.

Perhaps if some talented modellers/programmers interested on that sim could be joined,an awesome job could be done in a long term.

As for ARMA3 Bart,I dont know the game itself but who knows, it could work aswell.

Hi MV,

have you tried to start Outerra with admin rights? OT downloaded the newest version and the terrain data at startup.

Hey Toni,

if the ships are officially supported by Eagle Dynamics, I'll take a look again. The major advantage of DCS World is the scripting engine. This allows very realistic vehicles as well as in Outerra and FSX / P3D.

Regards

Marko