Danger From The Deep

Deutschmark

Has anyone seen this?

http://dangerdeep.sourceforge.net/gallery/

Its a open source World War II submarine simulator, you can make boats, subs and planes, at this time only subs are drivable but being open source anything can be done, they have not done a update to the sim in 4 years so some much work would be needed but there again doable being open source. 

Deutschmark

The SSE water is amazing. It is the DX 10 water from the NVidia SDK based on DirectX. The Danger from the Deep water is based on Opengl for multiplatform capability.  With a better scenery representation SSE would be the best Ship Simulator. Unfortunately, the scenery in SSE looks very artificial.

Marko

Well I'm done with VSTEP the water is no doubt beautiful but they seem not to care anymore about the ship sim community! I feel that one little video every 6 months is not an update! The game hasn't been updated and the company doesn't live up to promises made in the pre release trailers like Co-Op Missions and the Naval vessel in the trailer and what about those people who wanted the titanic Im for one didn't really want the titanic but people do they promised it...

Either way SSE is not customize able like VS or Vehicle Sim that's why I like VS because we can add our own ships but I don't like it because my ships look like s**t in VS I just like SSE because there is the water and the ships look but the lack of customization along with the company not making more ships to make up for the lack or customization makes it a downer.

I just need to find a sim that I can use ships in!

Yes, VStep focuses more in professional development. Unfortunately the support for the home user lacks. Should come a new ShipSim from VStep I hope they are improves the support. Because the ShipSim series is a interesting market for addon developers. And thus also more interesting for the home user.

I think a new Sim based on a planetary render like the Outerra engine is the option for us. And a physics based water engine.

Marko

True hopefully Outerra will be good how long till it's released?

And I'm thinking of purchasing Prepare3D but my question is what is the difference between the $199.99 and $49 version I think I may just buy the $49 version because that is just the basic simulator correct? It has all the sim feature right can u explain it Bart?