Bath Virtual Iron Works

MVEsperanza

Bath Virtual Iron Works official Opens its Doors to the United States Virtual Navy Fleet. She will be the main Shipbuilder for the United States Navy's Destroyers and LPDs. Bath Virtual Iron Works currently has 2 DDGs in Construction the USS Michael Murphy and the USS Sampson they are estimated for completion around May 2013. On another note Bath Virtual Iron works has won the bid to build the US Navy's New Destroyer class the Zumwalt Class. Construction of the USS Zumwalt is scheduled to start in June 2013.

208ybr8.jpg

USS Michael Murphy (DDG-112) is the 62nd ship of the Arleigh-Burke Class Destroyer. She is named for Medal of Honor recipient Michael P. Murphy (1976–2005). Her contract was awarded to the Bath Virtual Iron Works. She was ordered on 7 May 2012. Construction began October 25 2012 where the Grand Blocks of her Hull Where delivered: The USS Michael Murphy's Expected Construction Estimate time is 7 Months.

10ym2oo.jpg

Very nice work!

Yes I agree, 25,000 is very high, this is the problem with Sketchup it creates highpoly models. Hence why most modelers now use Gmax or maya.

Dom's wonderful Sacha model is around 500,000 polys i use to be able to get around 30-40fps more compared to you Mv Esperanza which i got around 20 O_o .Spooks Orca is around 200K polys.

But other than this problem great work. As long as she's below the QE then I'll be happy ;)

Robert