P&O Cruise Azura & Ventura & extras

RobertNeath

Hey Guys,

Here is my first WIP in a while, may I present: P&O Cruises Azura & Ventura

Ship Information

Name: Azura/Ventura

Owner: Carnival PLC[1]

Operator: P&O Cruises Port of registry: 2010 22px-Civil_Ensign_of_the_United_Kingdom. Southampton, UK2010-present 22px-Flag_of_Bermuda.svg.png Hamilton, Bermuda

Builder: Fincantieri, Italy

Call sign: ZCEE2
IMO number: 9424883 Status: In service Notes: [3]

General characteristics

Class & type: Grand-class cruise ship

Tonnage: 115,055 GT

Length: 290.0 m (951 ft 5 in)

Beam: 36.00 m (118 ft 1 in)

Draught: 8.00 m (26 ft 3 in)

Decks: 19; 14 passenger accessible

Installed power: Six Wärtsilä diesel engines Speed: 22 knots (41 km/h; 25 mph)

Capacity: 3,096 passengers (Ventura) Azura 3,100 passengers
1,557 berths

Crew: 1,226

azura0913.jpg

Version 1:

I first released this ship a few months ago however this was a "rushed" version. I have since been updating the model to make each sisters different and realistic.

msazura.jpg

Caribbean Princess

In December 2011 I also released the Caribbean Princess, Azura & Ventura design is based on this as they belong to the same class.

In 2011

carribeanprincesstheoce.png

Vehicle Simulator & Virtual Sailor testings

I have also recently started testing the ships in both Virtual Sailor & Vehicle Simulator.

fsscr110.jpg

Vehicle Simulator testing results: The responds well to both power and steering. Bow thrusters operate well, the ship can maintain a maxium speed of 24 Knots.

So far so good! The model runs well ingame as long as you keep the amount of Highpoly in the same enviroment down. Both ships togther in a HQ scenery (southampton) run at around 15fps on my system.

fsscr001u.jpg

The ships resonds well in VS aswell just a few minor problems with the lights.x

There is only one main problem I am having when converting the ships. Each boat.x file is around 75mb! This is where I need help into lowering her poly count.

Current Version:

Most of the Exterior of the ships are nearly complete, I would however like to add a few staterooms and the Bridge interior to her. However due to her current Highpoly count I won't be alble to yet.

Azura

Maiden Voyage: April 12, 2010

azuraq.jpg

Ventura

Maiden Voyage: April 18th 2008

venturam.jpg

More updates soon!

Robert

Thanks Marko!

Not Sure about the Polycount but there are 720281 Triangles.... I've found a way to half that but it ruins the model slighly.

I've found out what is causing the problem, its the Cabin blocks, each of them have 42000 faces. The model runs well, just not with 3 or 4 other HighPoly ships.

Robert

Here's the Bow image Marko, I weren't sure if you meant a render or not. :(

azurabow.jpg

I've also converted the balconies on their own and they come to 33mb..... I think I've found the problem!

I'll  start work on they new one's now. Its mainly the deviders as they have 210 faces each!

Will update soon :)

Robert

New Update:

Finished adding the new Balcony deviders, this has reduced the boat.x file to around 50mb now.

Next thing I'll have a look at is the deck chairs on the models.

If you wish Marko I could send the ship(s) to you?

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

After nearly two months of no updates, I have a new update!

In this latest update I have remodeled the balconies so that they now match the real ship.

Along with this I have also changed the settings when converting her the boat.x now stands at 30mb!  Much lower than the previous 58mb. :)

j778.jpg

7mz6.jpg

For the next update I'll be adding her bridge, its quite a small bridge with hardly any work stations so shouldn't add alot of polys to her.

Robert

New Update:

Basic bridge interior now added:

4olk.jpg

v7ak.jpg

k8vu.jpg

I've also updated the ships lights. I've added a few more nav lights on the bow, mast and stern. These lights don't have "covers" as now thanks to the latest VSF update you can turn off all exterior lights using the 'L' as well as the Panel Light.

5ih9.jpg

The boat.x on boat ships now stand at 32mb. For some strange reason the fps seem to drop quite suddenly once adding another High Poly ship to the same environment which is also quite High Poly, not too sure why though.

Thoughts please :)

Robert

Thanks Marko! :)

I'm still having problems however sadly......Even though the ships boat.x is at 30mb the ship still runs slowly if with certain other ships, even low poly ones.

I'm really not sure how to fix this.....other High poly ships run really well.

If any of you guys have any idea please help.

Robert